Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hold MLB accountable


The story of Leeronnie Ogletree is one that needs to be told.  It is time the events which took place in his life cease being ignored and people need to make themselves accountable.

There is  reality in baseball which is being ignored.  People are being portrayed as something other than what they really are.  It is time to let the truth be told.  Everything needs to be on the table.  There is a side to Major league baseball that it must be my destiny to tell about.  I lived it and saw it and now have to tell it to everyone I can.  Humans are flawed.  They have defects.  We must be able to see people as who they are.  We must be able to accept our defects and not attempt to conceal them.  I spent years hiding my shame with drugs.  Now I want to let others know that the most important thing they can do is tell the truth.  I was around someone who took advantage of the way major league baseball operates.  If it has done nothing to correct those flaws, then there are people who still can exploit those flaws today.  I have to make sure that does not happen.  Major League Baseball needs to be responsible for the children it attracts.

http://www.afro.com/sections/news/national/story.htm?storyid=73140

No comments:

Post a Comment